Our company provides ASTM Phase II Environmental Site Assessment (ESA) services. In addition to offering ASTM Phase I Environmental Site Assessments, we can extend our ESA services into Phase II should a Phase I assessment report any “recognized environmental conditions” (REC).
Many banks, lenders, and financial institutions have relied on our company to provide both Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments. We employ standards adopted by ASTM International when conducting these assessments. We have extensive experience and qualifications and are capable of finding any and all areas of concern relating to a property.
- Ready to get started on a Phase II ESA? Contact us here.
Our ASTM Phase II Environmental Site Assessment Service
Upon the findings of a”recognized environmental condition” disclosed in an ASTM Phase I Environmental Site Assessment, a bank, lender, or financial institution may call on us to conduct the next level, Phase II Environmental Site Assessment (ESA)…
- Obtain subsurface soil samples through drilling
- Evaluation of soil samples to identify pollutants or evidence of pollutants
- Evaluate the presence, or absence of, petroleum products in the subsurface
- Geological studies to determine soil and bedrock characteristics
- Hydrogeological study of soil and ground water characteristics
- Definition of regulated constituents (vertical and horizontal migration)
- Geophysical exploration for buried objects (underground storage tanks, etc.) if necessary
- Prepare a detailed report of findings
- Detailed recommendations for remediation
Depending on the findings of our assessment, either remediation or closure may be recommended. If we determine that contamination is significant enough to pose a threat to the environment or to human health, a restricted closure may be obtained.
Why Hire Us For a Phase II Environmental Site Assessment?
Our company has performed hundreds of Phase II Environmental Site Assessments ranging from small retail lots to large residential complexes. Financial institutions across the Midwest and Plains have relied on us to measure the full extent of contamination on a property, saving them millions of dollars in defaulted loans.
- We partner with excavation and drilling companies that work exclusively with environmental engineering projects.
- We focus exclusively with lands across the Midwest and Plains and possess an acute knowledge of the geology and topography.
- We employ ASTM E1903-19 standards for Phase II ESAs.
Why is a Phase II Environmental Site Assessment Necessary?
A Phase II Environmental Site Assessment is necessary to determine the extent of contamination prior to purchasing a property. While a Phase I ESA is performed to research potential contamination through research, interviews, and above-ground examination, only a Phase II ESA can “dig into the ground” and measure the full extent of contamination.
Banks, lenders, and financial institutions looking to provide funding for a development will need to know the full extent of contamination to determine…
- If development can proceed legally,
- What future liabilities may exist,
- If remediation is possible, or
- If terms of the loan should be re-negotiated.